Public Information Requests
In order to provide the information you are entitled to receive, the City of Del Rio requests that you fill out the Request for Information form, providing as much detailed information as possible. Incomplete or inaccurate information may result in the nullification of your request.
1. According to the Texas Public Information Act, governmental bodies have 10 business days to comply to a request for
public information. If a request is of a special nature and more time is needed to comply, the requestor will be notified.
2. Public information requests are subject to processing fees. The fee schedule is $6.00 per accident report and $.10 per
3. When requesting an accident report, please provide two identifiers. This information is what our Records Division will
use to locate the report, therefore as much information as possible will increase the likelihood of locating your
4. Open, Ongoing, Criminal Investigation. Texas Government Code Section 552.108 and Attorney General Opinions
have held that if information is related to an open, ongoing criminal investigation, and if release will harm the
detection, investigation or prosecution of a crime, then the government entity may withhold the information.
5. Driver License Numbers; License Plate Numbers; Vehicle Identification Numbers; Social Security Numbers.
The Texas Government Code and Attorney General Opinions have held that Driver License Numbers, License
Plate Numbers and Vehicle Identification Numbers are confidential under Texas Government Code Section 552.108;
Texas Transportation Code Chapter 730. Social Security Numbers are confidential under Texas Government
Code Section 552.147.
Please download and fill out the Request for Information form and return to the City of Del Rio Police Department, Records Division, located at 101 Lowe Drive. For more information about your request call our Records Division at 830-774-8597.