Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Applications may be obtained at City of Del Rio, 109 West Broadway (City Hall Bldg.), Del Rio, Texas, 78840 in the Office of the Civil Service Director (Human Resources). If you have any questions, please contact the Civil Service Director, Ruben Luna at (830) 774-8617. You may also download the Police Department Application here:
The employment process will include a written examination, physical agility test, background investigation, oral interview, drug screening, physical examination, and psychological examination and may be subject to a polygraph test. Entry-Level Police Officer shall serve an 18-month probationary period.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS TO APPLY:
· 21-44 years old (A person must be 20.5 years of age on the date of the application deadline, provided, however, that at the time of graduation from the Training Academy, the applicant will have reached his/her 21st birthday, also, a person who is 45 years of age or older may not be certified for a beginning position in the Police Department)
· Once hired, he/she must reside within a 45-minute response time
· Educational requirements are: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
· Must be able to read and write the English language and meet all legal requirements for eligibility in future licensing by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement
· Must be a U.S Citizen
· Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
Starting Cadet Salary - $33,048.00
Starting Police Officer Salary - $34,369.92
Longevity - $6.00 per month for each year of service (maximum $150 per month)
Insurance - Employees are provided with paid Health, Dental and Life Insurance
Retirement - Automatic enrollment into TMRS Retirement System; 2:1 Deposit
Vacation/Sick Leave - Accrue vacation and sick leave per year
Holidays - The City of Del Rio offers 14 paid holidays per year and one Personal Day
Education Incentive - Tuition reimbursement paid up to 75% for courses taken during employment
Education Pay - Associate Degree: $75.00 monthly additional pay
Bachelor Degree: $125.00 monthly additional pay
Uniforms - Furnished
In order to take the written examination, applications must return with the requested documentation or the application will be considered incomplete and the application will not be accepted. Return applications no later than:
Date: Friday, December 28, 2018
Time: 4:00 p.m.
Place: 109 West Broadway, City Hall Bldg., Human Resources Office
Date: Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Place: Civic Center – Pecan Ball Room, 1915 Veterans Blvd, Del Rio, TX Time: 9:00 a.m.
AGILITY EXAMINATION (for those candidates who pass the written examination):
Place: Police Training Academy Facility
Time: 1:00 p.m.
Eligibility list for this Entry Level – Police Examination will remain in effect for 12 months from the date of testing.
THE CITY OF DEL RIO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.