1970 - Golf Course Groundskeeper
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$800.00 Bi-Weekly/Full Benefits
- Posted Date:09/04/2019 8:00 AM
FLSA: Non-Exempt / Classification 2
Under supervision of the Golf Course Pro is responsible for safely performing various jobs in general maintenance and development of a municipal golf course and facilities which require skill, ability, and knowledge of grounds and building maintenance. Performs other related work as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Mows grass and trims weeds using hand mower or power-driven lawn mower, weed trimmer and brush cutter.
- Plants grass, trees, shrubs, or flowers according to instructions and planned design of landscaped area, using hand tools.
- Applies mulch to designated areas.
- Pulls weeds around bushes, trees and flower beds.
- Cleans buildings and grounds, washes windows and empties trash cans using brooms, cleaning supplies and applicable equipment.
- Repairs and paints benches, tables, guardrails and may assist in repair of roads, walks, buildings and mechanical equipment using hand tools.
- Maintains fairways and all adjacent Golf Course property.
- Performs preventative maintenance of facilities and buildings.
- Performs light maintenance on Golf Course equipment.
- Trims hedges and prunes trees using hand and power tools.
- Safely assists with any project or job in the general development and maintenance of the golf course and recreational lands or facilities as directed.
- This position requires the operation of various equipment and hand tools for maintenance projects.
- Operates various push type or handheld power tools such as lawnmowers, edgers, line trimmers, rotary, tillers, jackhammers, and chainsaws.
- Individual will be responsible for the efficient ad safe operations, care and appearance of assigned equipment to include washing, checks and servicing.
- Reads instructions and writes reports; follows written and oral directions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
- Receives supervision from Golf Pro.
- Position has no formal assigned supervisory responsibility or authority.
- Must complete jobs without constant supervision.
- The principle duties of this position are performed outdoors. Works outside in extreme weather conditions (very hot or cold).
- There may be some exposure to hazardous chemicals or fumes (with proper safety apparel).
- May lift and carry up to 60 lbs. of soil amendments for flower bed preparation.
- May climb a 12 ft. ladder while pruning and painting.
- May work in tight or enclosed areas such as trenches.
- Works bent over or on knees for extended periods of time, walks through brush or entangled areas along creeks and other areas.
- Works safely in close proximity to golfers and golfing vehicles.
ALCOHOL AND DRUG TESTING POLICY:
This position is subject to the City of Del Rio’s Alcohol and Drug Testing Policy which includes: Pre-employment testing, Post-Accident Testing, Random Testing, Reasonable Suspicion Testing, Return to Duty Testing, and Follow-Up Testing.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must have a valid Class “C” Driver’s License
- Must pass a drug test, driver’s license check, and social security number verification check.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS, PLEASE NOTE:
- The City of Del Rio investigates and obtains information from all references, both personal and professional, employers, public agencies, licensing authorities, and educational institutions in order to obtain information about applicants and to otherwise verify the accuracy of information provided in the application.
- The City does not unlawfully discriminate in employment practices and no question on the application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited and protected by applicable Local, State or Federal law.
- Applicants must agree to submit to any medical examination and/or drug and alcohol testing to determine the ability to perform the duties of the position which applied for and employment is contingent upon the results thereof.
- If an offer of employment is made, the applicant is required to provide proof of identity and legal authority to work in the United States as per Federal immigration laws requiring form I-9.
THE CITY OF DEL RIO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER