1920-013 - DRIVER - TRANSPORTATION
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$ 915.45 Biweekly/ Full Benefits
- Posted Date:11/07/2019 12:00 PM
FLSA: Non-Exempt / Classification 11
REQUIRED - valid CDL-B drivers’ license with endorsement P for passengers.
JOB SUMMARY: Position involves the transportation of elderly, and/or disabled individuals, individuals needing medical transportation, and/or the transportation of the general public to a variety of locations and assists them in wheelchair tie downs with the proper restrains, as well as to provide a door-to-door service when required. Other duties include transportation to other special events or trips. Performs other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Transports individuals to and from medical facilities and other destinations;
- Assists participants/passengers in any way necessary to provide a comfortable trip.
- Ensures that all fares are collected and reported.
- Punctual and operates on time, to arrive and depart as scheduled.
- Completes reports such as pre-trip and post trip vehicle inspection, weekly vehicle condition and, end of the day financial report for the number of trips performed for passengers.
- Reports vehicle operation deficiencies or other areas of concern.
- Required to maintain vehicle clean inside and out at all times.
- Maintain accurate work records and counts.
- Position requires transportation in town (locally) as well as out of town travel to Eagle Pass, Uvalde, San Antonio, and/or other surrounding Texas areas as required.
- Driver will provide/assist with the local fixed route system.
- Driver will also be expected to assist in receiving and dispatching calls to other drivers when needed.
- Position may require working on weekends, and\or holidays.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED: Receives supervision from the Transportation Director. Position has no formal assigned supervisory responsibility or authority.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The principle duties of this position are performed driving a passenger vehicle. Some duties performed in an office environment. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds. Sitting for prolonged periods of time. May be required to work overtime, holidays and weekends.
ALCOHOL AND DRUG TESTING POLICY: This position is subject to the City of Del Rio’s Alcohol and Drug Testing Policy which includes: Pre-employment testing, Post-Accident Testing, Random Testing, Reasonable Suspicion Testing, Return to Duty Testing, and Follow-Up Testing.
Education and Training
- High School education, GED Certificate, or equivalent; required.
- REQUIRED - valid CDL-B drivers’ license with endorsement P for passengers; required.
- Driver will be required to attend and pass the trainings and certifications required by regulatory Federal/State programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Knowledge of operation and routine maintenance of a passenger vehicle.
- Knowledge of operation of ADA lifts equipment and/or wheelchair restraints.
- Ability to maintain a safe driving record.
- Skilled in assisting individuals with care and courtesy.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Ability to prepare written reports.
- Skilled in providing excellent customer service.
- Skilled in the wearing of safety equipment.
- Knowledge in the use of two-way radios, cellular phones and basic office equipment.
- Ability to work independently following prescribed schedule within scope of existing Federal, State, City and Departmental rules and regulations.
- Must pass a mandatory extensive background check.
- Ability to communicate and understand the Spanish language preferred.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS
- The City of Del Rio investigates and obtains information from all references, both personal and professional, employers, public agencies, licensing authorities, and educational institutions in order to obtain information about applicants and to otherwise verify the accuracy of information provided in the application.
- The City does not unlawfully discriminate in employment practices and no question on the application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited and protected by applicable Local, State or Federal law.
- Applicants must agree to submit to any medical examination and/or drug and alcohol testing to determine the ability to perform the duties of the position which applied for and employment is contingent upon the results thereof.
- If an offer of employment is made, the applicant is required to provide proof of identity and legal authority to work in the United States as per Federal immigration laws requiring form I-9.
THE CITY OF DEL RIO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.