#1920-030 Part-Time Clerk II/Cashier – San Felipe Golf Course
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$10.12 per hour
- Posted Date:01/10/2020
- Deadline to Apply:01/24/2020 5:00 PM
FLSA: Non-exempt / classification 6
JOB SUMMARY: Under immediate supervision on assigned shift, collects fees associated with the City of Del Rio’s Municipal Golf Course while providing members and guests with friendly, prompt, and efficient customer service to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Operates cashiering system and receives payments for daily golf course fees, all pro shop and/or merchandise sales, schedules and coordinates tee times and monitors course activity from the pro shop.
- Responsible for assigned cash box.
- Prepares and turns in money deposits and reports at the end of shift.
- Assists with Bank deposits as needed.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Receives customer complaints and inquiries and promptly directs them to appropriate person.
- Reports any equipment malfunction to Golf Pro following established policies.
- Maintains work areas clean following established guidelines.
- Works rotating shifts. Working hours are subject to change depending on the needs of the municipal golf course operation.
- Performs other related work as required or assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED: Receives supervision from the Golf Pro and Pro Shop Head Cashier. Position has no formal assigned supervisory responsibility or authority.
- The principle duties of this position are performed in a retail/office/outdoor environment.
- Required to work in outside weather conditions, including heat, cold and temperature swings, for extended periods of time.
- Must possess ability to stand and continuously move throughout the workday.
- Must be able to bend, reach, and stoop.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Subject to recall for emergencies/overtime requirements.
- Works assigned rotating shifts and days including holidays and weekends.
ALCOHOL AND DRUG TESTING POLICY:
- This position is subject to the City of Del Rio’s Alcohol and Drug Testing Policy which includes: Pre-employment testing, Post-Accident Testing, Random Testing, Reasonable Suspicion Testing, Return to Duty Testing, and Follow-Up Testing.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two (2) years of cash handling experience including dispensing change to the public; required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skilled in cash handling practices and procedures.
- Ability to accurately handle large sums of money.
- Knowledge of the game of golf and proper golf etiquette.
- Skilled in Customer Service.
- Ability to make mathematical calculations with accuracy.
- Ability to interpret oral and written instructions and refers deviations, problems or unfamiliar situations to supervisor for proper decisions and guidance.
- Skilled in safety regulations, work practices and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers and the general public
- Valid Texas Drivers’ License
- Ability to speak and understand the Spanish language preferred but not required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
- Receives supervision from Golf Pro.
- Position has no formal assigned supervisory responsibility or authority.
- Must complete jobs without constant supervision.
- The work environment characteristics described throughout this job description are typical of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS USED:
- Primary duty is a retail operation and works with computers, calculators, and retail merchandise.
- May be required to operate golf carts.
- Formal application; oral interview and reference check; job related tests may be required.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may
- The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and
employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and
requirements of the job change.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS:
- The City of Del Rio investigates and obtains information from all references, both personal and professional, employers, public agencies, licensing authorities, and educational institutions in order to obtain information about applicants and to otherwise verify the accuracy of information provided in the application.
- The City does not unlawfully discriminate in employment practices and no question on the application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited and protected by applicable Local, State or Federal law.
- Applicants must agree to submit to any medical examination and/or drug and alcohol testing to determine the ability to perform the duties of the position which applied for and employment is contingent upon the results thereof.
- If an offer of employment is made, the applicant is required to provide proof of identity and legal authority to work in the United States as per Federal immigration laws requiring form I-9.
THE CITY OF DEL RIO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.