TRAFFIC SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS COMING!
Del Rio, TX – As the City of Del Rio works to improve traffic safety throughout the community, the Traffic Control Division will be replacing 10 yield signs with stop signs and adding 3 new stop signs in February. The streets to be affected are: Avenue E, Avenue D, and Lenora Avenue. Additionally, a crosswalk will be installed across West Cantu at Center Drive with new sidewalks. Margaret Street will be restriped from West Cantu Road to Mary Lou Drive. Changes are expected to occur between February 10 and 21.
These changes will improve traffic safety in these areas. Additionally, the City is reviewing other streets and intersections to continue traffic safety improvements throughout the year.
A full list of affected intersections below:
- Avenue E at 4th Street – Yield to Stop
- Avenue E at 5th Street- Yield to Stop
- Avenue E at 7th Street- Yield to Stop
- Avenue E at 8th Street- Yield to Stop
- Avenue E at 10th Street- Yield to Stop
- Avenue E at 12th Street- Yield to Stop
- Avenue D at 7th Street- Yield to Stop
- Avenue D at 8th Street- Yield to Stop
- Avenue D at 10th Street- Yield to Stop
- Avenue D at 11th Street- Yield to Stop
- Avenue D at 12th Street- Yield to Stop
- Lenora at Don Martin – Install Stop Sign
- Lenora at Javier Drive- Install Stop Sign
- Lenora at Alyssa Drive- Install Stop sign
- Lenora – Install 25mph Speed Signs
The added stop signs along Lenora are also accompanied by new 25mph posted speed limit signs. As a reminder, it is unlawful to drive in excess of the twenty-five (25) miles per hour within all areas designated as residential (unless otherwise posted). “We encourage drivers to always be aware of their surroundings and obey all traffic signs and devices. Thank you for doing your part to ensure traffic safety in our community!” -Police Chief, Fred Knoll
The Streets Division maintains the City’s thoroughfare infrastructure, to allow safe transport of people, goods and services in the City limits including: maintaining over 218 centerline miles of streets, 16 signalized intersections, 4 flashing beacon intersections, 6 school zone flashing beacons; sweeping city streets; and maintaining the pavement markings for all city streets and city parking lots. For more information about completed or ongoing projects, please contact the Del Rio Streets Division at 830-774-8631 or visit our website at cityofdelrio.com.