Elizabeth Elizalde de Calderon was born and raised in Del Rio, Texas, and attended local schools. She is a graduate of St. Edward's University in Austin, Texas, where she acquired a Bachelors of Arts Degree in Criminal Justice with a minor in Spanish. She returned to Del Rio in 1993.
Elizabeth recently obtained a Graduate certification from Midland College in Long Term Care and holds a license as a Long Term Care Administrator.
Elizabeth was elected to Council for the City of Del Rio, Texas on May 12, 2012, and currently represents District III, the district she was born and raised in.
Elizabeth is a member of the Del Rio Chamber of Commerce, the Del Rio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the Joint Committee for Animal Awareness and other local groups.
During the past 21 years, she has served as a volunteer in many capacities:
- Del Rio Boys and Girls Club
- Board of Directors, Ex-officio
- Wings over Acuña Missionary Group- Proj. Coord/Volunteer Coordinator
- Del Rio Boys and Girls Club – Board of Directors,
- Vice-President *Del Rio VITA Coalition Board- Chairperson
- Continental Airlines Airport Marketing Taskforce TEAM (Del Rio)
- Community Health Improvement Coalition-Member; Corresponding Secretary
- Val Verde Safe Kids - Steering Committee
- Del Rio VITA Coalition Board - Vice Chair
- HEB and City of Del Rio Feast of Sharing- Steering Committee
- Christmas Operation Shoebox - local coordinator/founder
- Del Rio Little League Softball - Assistant Coach, girls’ 9-12 yr. olds team
- Del Rio Boys and Girls Club - Asst. Coach, boys’ 7-9 yr. old basketball team
- Flood 1998 Unmet Needs Committee/Board Member