As a City Council-appointed, record-keeping officer, the City Secretary and staff are responsible for the preparation, execution, and archiving of all City Council documents as prescribed by State law and City Code.
These duties include:
- Archiving City Council documents, official proceedings, ordinances, and resolutions
- Administering birth and death certificates
- Maintaining boards and commissions applications and appointments
- Maintaining City Council meeting and election materials
- Developing agreements and leases
- Publicizing of legal notices
- Recording official documents
Photo ID is Now Required to Vote in Texas
Don´t have a photo ID for voting? Election Identification Certificates are available from DPS driver license offices during regular business hours, on Saturdays at select locations, and at EIC mobile stations traveling throughout the state.
Landowner’s Bill of Rights
This Landowner's Bill of Rights applies to any attempt by the government or a private entity to take your property. The contents of this Bill of Rights are prescribed by the Texas Legislature in Texas Government Code Sec. 402.031 and Chapter 21 of the Texas Property Code.
The City of Del Rio is committed to serving the public and improving how City Hall provides information to you. Information is power, and sharing information empowers the public and encourages participation in our democratic process. The link above will take you to the Open Records Division of the Office of the Attorney General, explaining the statutory requirements governing the public information request process.