Listed below are the common violations that Neighborhood Services manages on a daily basis. For more information you can contact the Neighborhood Services Department at (830) 774-8628.
(Ord. No. 2005-32, § 3, 7-26-05)
Sec. 17-322. - Junked vehicle declared to be public nuisance.
A junked vehicle, including a part of a junked vehicle, that is in ordinary public view at any time of the year:
- Is detrimental to the safety and welfare of the public;
- Tends to reduce the value of private property;
- Invites vandalism;
- Creates a fire hazard;
- Is an attractive nuisance creating a hazard to the health and safety of minors;
- Produces urban blight adverse to the maintenance and continuing development of municipalities; and
- Is a public nuisance.
Dirty Lot and Weeds
(Code 1962, § 9-5-7)
Sec. 15-59. - Weeds, brush.
It shall be unlawful for any person who shall own or occupy any lot or lots in the city to allow weeds, rubbish, brush or any other unsightly, objectionable or unsanitary matter to accumulate or grow on said lot or lots.
Obstruction of Easements/Alleys
Sec. 25-61. - Generally.
It shall be unlawful for any person to obstruct or encumber, to any extent, any portion of any street, alley, sidewalk or public ground in the city with lumber, boxes, timber, firewood, posts, vehicles or anything whatever in any manner whatever.
(Code 1962, § 8-5-2)
Sec. 24-3. - Littering—Prohibited.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to knowingly allow, authorize, or permit any of his agents, employees, or servants to deposit any litter in any manner in or upon any property located within the city and outside the city limits for a distance of five thousand (5,000) feet.