The City of Del Rio Human Resources Department is responsible for carrying out all the activities essential to the effective administration of the personnel function.
These activities include:
- Administering the employment position, classification, and pay-rate plan as approved by City Council.
- Assisting City departments in the areas of recruitment, selection, placement, and training of employees.
- Securely maintaining centralized employee personnel records.
- City employee benefit management.
- Ensuring adherence and compliance with all state and federal employment related regulations, policies, and laws.
Human Resources Mission Statement
It is the mission of the Human Resources Department to provide the following quality services to the employees of the City of Del Rio:
• Recruitment of qualified individuals.
• Retention of valuable employees.
• Training, development and education to promote individual success and increase overall value to the organization.
• A safe and healthful working environment.
• Inspiration and encouragement for a high level of employee morale through recognition, effective communication and constant feedback.
• Resources for administering benefits, policies and procedures.
These services are achieved through a teamwork philosophy that is inspired through effective organizational skills, proactive efforts, and a balance between professionalism and the ability to have an excellent work environment!