Civil Service Office
The Civil Service Office Administers processes regarding the initial selection, advancement, and conditions of employment in accordance with Chapter 143 of the Texas Local Government Code, Civil service Commission Rules, and agreements with employee associations.
• Coordinate and Administer Civil Service Commission Meetings.
• Administer Promotional Written Examinations and Assessment Center Process.
• Coordinate Entrance Exams for Beginning Positions.
• Coordinate Civil Service Appeal Hearings.
• Process Public Information Requests.
• Process Request for Certifications (Promotions).
• Maintain Civil Service Personnel Files.
Firefighters' and Police Officers' Civil Service Commissioners
• Commissioner Julian Fernandez, Chairperson
• Commissioner Dahlia Garcia, Vice Chairperson
• Commissioner Clay Cowan