The Municipal Court holds public hearings to adjudicate Class “C” misdemeanor cases including traffic cases, state, and regulatory ordinance violation cases which occur within the city limits.
The Municipal Court respects the dignity of all persons. All persons are afforded due process without regard to age, gender, nationality, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.
Municipal Court fines are payable by cashier check or money order (personal checks are not accepted) by mailing to The City of Del Rio, Municipal Court, 125 E. Martin St., Del Rio, Texas 78840. To pay citations in person, visit the Municipal Court at 125 E. Martin St.
Unless otherwise ordered by the Judge, all fines and court costs are payable immediately. If requested, payment may be made within 30 days of being ordered.
If you cannot afford to pay your fines and court costs immediately, you might be entitled to an alternative to full and immediate payment. You are encouraged to speak with the Judge. You may call the court to arrange a hearing.
Please note that the Municipal Court of Del Rio has a Safe Harbor initiative specific to Class C misdemeanor violations----this means that if a warrant is, or has been, issued in your case, you can appear at the Municipal Court of Del Rio to discuss your case without fear of arrest for any outstanding warrants issued by the Municipal Court of Del Rio related to a Class C misdemeanor violation.
Programs for Eligible Defendants
- Driver Safety Course
- Payment Plans
- Deferred Disposition
- Online Payments
Court Sessions are as follows:
- Initial Appearances are heard every Wednesday at 9:30 A.M.
- Show Cause and Indigency hearings are held on Thursdays at 1:30 P.M.
- Pre-Trial hearings are held the last Wednesday of each month at 1:30 P.M.
- All Juvenile matters are head on the third Tuesday of each month at 1:30 P.M.
- Bench Trials are held the last Friday of each month at 9:00 A.M.
- Jury Trials are held at least twice per year.