The Planning and Zoning Department helps guide the development process with the goal of ensuring quality land development for the future of Del Rio and preservation of the community’s unique historic and environmental features in accordance with the City’s Comprehensive Master Plan.
The Planning Department assists policy makers, property owners, developers, and citizens in regard to growth and new development, protecting and improving existing development, and preserving the City’s historic heritage and character.
The department reviews, prepares reports, and makes recommendations on annexations, rezonings and other development applications that require public review for the following committees, boards and commissions:
- Planning and Zoning Commission (P and Z)
- Board of Adjustment (BOA)
- Joint Airport Zoning Board (JAZB)
- Laughlin Air Force Base Planning (JLUS)
- Laughlin AICUZ Final Report
- Land Development Ordinance Revisions
The following links may help to assist you in your development process: