The City of Del Rio owns the natural gas distribution system, providing gas service to over 4,800 customers located within the City. The Natural Gas Division provides safe, clean and efficient natural gas through 260 miles of gas mains within the City of Del Rio.
Other services provide by the Natural Gas Department are:
- Natural gas leak detection
- Appliance lighting
- Natural gas line locating
- 24 hour, 7 days a week natural gas emergency service
- Call before you dig! The City of Del Rio will mark the underground gas lines with wood stakes, flags or spray paint. This service is free of charge with a 48 hour notice, call (830) 774-8622.
- The City Of Del Rio Gas System does not maintain the customer’s buried piping.
- The customer is responsible to maintain its own buried piping inside customer’s property. If not maintained, it may be subject to potential hazards of corrosion and leakage.
- Buried gas piping should be periodically inspected for leaks and corrosion if piping is metallic. If any unsafe condition is discovered it must be repaired.
- Unless the customer falls under the Homestead Exemption. The customer is responsible for hiring a license plumber to install or fix any damaged piping inside the customer’s property.
- When excavating near buried gas piping, the piping should be located in advance, and the excavation done by hand.
If for any reason you detect or smell gas odor inside/outside your home or any specific area please call the Natural Gas Department immediately anytime day or night 24 hours seven days a week.
- Suspension of Gas Utility Service Disconnection During an Extreme Weather Emergency
- Call 811
- Texas 811
- Common Ground Alliance
- American Petroleum Institute