The Purchasing Department is responsible for the purchases pursuant to rules and regulations established by statues or ordinance; contracts for, purchases, stores and distributes all supplies, materials and equipment required by any office, department or agency of the City. The Department is required to:
- Establish and enforce specifications with respect to supplies, materials, and equipment required by the City
- Inspect or supervise the inspection of all deliveries of supplies, materials, and equipment, and determine their quality, quantity, and conformance with specifications
- Have charge of such general storerooms and warehouses as the City Council may provide by ordinance
- Transfer to or between offices, departments or agencies; or with the approval of the City Council, sell surplus, obsolete, or unused supplies, material and equipment at public auction.
- Cause a running inventory to be kept showing receipts and disbursements of materials, supplies and equipment
- Approves the processing of purchase requisitions to orders
- Provides for the oversight to compliance with regards to advertisement and solicitation requesting bids or proposals
Vendors who are interested in possibly selling goods and/or services to the City of Del Rio should refer to the link below titled ‘Vendor Required Forms’. If the potential vendor agrees to fully complete these forms and adhere to any requirements listed; please fax or email the completed and signed forms to the contact listed above. Contact Central Purchasing Office directly for assistance.