Federal Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
The City of Del Rio is a member of the Texas Unified Certification Program (TUCP), the TUCP is a certification program for the Federal Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Programs in Texas. Presently, the members of the TUCP are listed below. A business' DBE certification received from any of the TUCP members is valid and can be relied upon by any Texas entity that receives U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) funds.
Small businesses (vendors) desiring DBE certification must submit an application and a personal net worth statement (PNW) to one of six certifying agencies within the state. The business' location determines which agency to contact.
Key Certifying Agencies (the following agencies are members of the TUCP):
- City of Houston, Office of Business Opportunity
- City of Austin, Small Business Development
- Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority
- North Central Texas Certification Agency
- South Central Texas Certification Agency
- Texas Department of Transportation
- The City of Del Rio is a Member of the Texas Department of Transportation certifying agency. Vendors can apply for DBE Certification online through the Diversity Management System
DBE Interstate Application
- DBE firms certified in other states as their home state are required to follow the Interstate certification expectations as outlined in 49 CFR §26.85(c) of the Code of Federal Regulations. View the Texas Unified Certification Program (TUCP) DBE Interstate Certification Checklist and the Texas Unified Certification Program (TCUP) Interstate DBE Affidavit
- Vendors also need to submit a hard copy of your home-state DBE application.