Brush collection is provided to all City residential solid waste ratepayers who live within the City limits. Brush waste includes tree limbs, grass and plant clippings, leaves and tree or brush trimmings.
Brush will be collected once per month, per household within the City limits.
Bagged leaves, grass and plant clippings placed along side your solid waste cart will be collected during your weekly scheduled collection.
- If your residential garbage collection is on Monday, your curbside pick up is the first week of the month.
- If your residential garbage collection is on Tuesday, your curbside pick up is the second week of the month.
- If your residential garbage collection is on Wednesday, your curbside pick up is the third week of the month.
- If your residential garbage collection is on Thursday, your curbside pick up is the fourth week of the month.
Brush Pile Guidelines
- Each household is allowed 5 cubic yards of brush per month.
- All yard rubbish must be cut into 4 feet lengths and cannot exceed 4 inches in diameter.
- Yard rubbish must be bundled, tied and placed next to roll cart. Bundles must not exceed 50 lbs.
- Set out brush no later than 6:00 a.m. on the first day of your scheduled collection week.
- Do not place brush piles in front of parked cars, near fences, trees, mailboxes, beneath overhead wires or low-hanging tree limbs, or on top of water meters.
- Mixed brush piles with construction material or household trash will not be picked up until they are separated, or are to be disposed of at the home owners expense. Clean brush only.
- Bagged leaves or yard clippings are not to be added to brush piles. These bags can be set next to your trash cans and will be picked up at your regular trash pickup times.
If you missed your scheduled collection, email email@example.com to learn about other disposal options.
The City of Del Rio experiences frequent droughts and is in a semi-arid climatic zone. With this in mind we encourage the use of drought resistant plants and landscaping techniques that do not consume large quantities of water.
Learn about City of Del Rio Landscaping Guidelines.
Learn about oak wilt in Texas.