Utilizing 18 vehicles the City of Del Rio Transportation Program provides curb-to-curb demand response transportation services in the Val Verde County area six (6) days a week to the elderly, disabled, and general public of the community. The program also provides out-of-town medical transportation services. Out-of-town travel is to San Antonio, San Angelo, Eagle Pass, and Uvalde, Monday through Friday.
Transportation services are used primarily for regular doctor’s visits. However, many clients depend on the service to seek and attend employment, leisure trips, educational trips, visits to the local nutrition center, and other social activities.
The City of Del Rio Transportation Department also offers a fixed route system of transportation. The fixed route consist of 24 different stops within the City of Del Rio which include most medical facilities, social service agencies and major retail centers. The fixed route runs from 6 AM – 5:45 PM, Monday – Friday.
First Stop: International Bridge at 6:06am
Last Stop: International Bridge at 5:43pm
For questions, please call (830) 774-8690.
- Application must be completed:
Clients are required to call one day in advance before 3:00 pm to schedule their appointment and ensure availability.
Live within the Val Verde Country Area.
Local Fixed Route and Demand
- Elderly and Disabled (55 years and over) - $1.50 per trip
- General Public - $2.50 per trip - under 3 years free (Rider must provide Safety Seat)
Out of Town (must meet minimum ridership):
- San Antonio $30 Round Trip / $30 Escort
- San Angelo $30 Round Trip / $30 Escort
- Eagle Pass $15 Round Trip / $15 Escort
- Uvalde $15 Round Trip / $15 Escort